Online Google Dictionary

butter 中文解釋 wordnet sense Collocation Usage Collins Definition
Font size:

butters, plural;
  1. Spread (something) with butter
    • - she buttered the toast
    • - lavishly buttered bread
  1. A pale yellow edible fatty substance made by churning cream and used as a spread or in cooking

  2. A substance of a similar consistency
    • - cocoa butter

  1. an edible emulsion of fat globules made by churning milk or cream; for cooking and table use
  2. spread butter on; "butter bread"
  3. a fighter who strikes the opponent with his head
  4. Butter is a dairy product made by churning fresh or fermented cream or milk. It is generally used as a spread and a condiment, as well as in cooking applications, such as baking, sauce making, and pan frying. Butter consists of butterfat, water and milk proteins.
  5. Butter is an ensemble comedy film, scheduled for release in 2011.
  6. Butter is a 1998 action film starring Ernie Hudson, Nia Long, Tony Todd and Donnie Wahlberg. It originally premiered on HBO as an HBO Original Film, but was later released to video by Artisan Entertainment as Never 2 Big.
  7. Butter is the soundtrack to the 1998 film, Butter. It was released on March 31, 1998 through Relativity Records and consisted of hip hop and R&B music.
  8. (Butters (South Park)) Leopold "Butters" Stotch is a fictional character in the animated television series South Park. He is voiced by series co-creator Matt Stone and loosely based on co-producer Eric Stough. ...
  9. A soft, fatty foodstuff made by churning the cream of milk (generally cow's milk); (obsolete) (chemistry) Any specific soft substance; Any of various foodstuffs made from other foods or oils, similar in consistency to, eaten like or intended as a substitute for butter (preceded by the name of ...
  10. (butters) Unattractive, ugly or repulsive
  11. (BUTTERING) In glazing, application of sealant or compound to the flat surface of some member before placing the member in position, such as the buttering of a removable stop before fastening the stop in place.
  12. (Buttering) The spreading of a bond coat to the back of the ceramic tile immediately before tile is placed.
  13. (buttering) Placing mortar on stone units with a trowel before setting them into position.
  14. (BUTTERING) Applying adhesive directly to the back of the tile to provide additional coverage when achieving a solid bed.
  15. (Buttering) Placing mortar on the full head area of the brick before laying. Compare tip jointing.
  16. (Buttering) Spinning either 180 or 360 degrees with your weight entirely on the tip or tail of the ski/snow board.  This move is often used to gain small amounts of air in order to pop up onto a rail, tabletop or jump. ...
  17. (Buttering) The spreading of mortar on the ends of bricks to form perpends or on the backs of floor tiles before bedding
  18. (buttering) A form of surfacing in which one or more layers of weld metal are deposited on the groove face of one member (for example, a high-alloy weld deposit on steel base metal that is to be welded to a dissimilar base metal). ...
  19. (Butters) Fats that are solid at room temperature. Butters are naturally occurring fats found in many types of plant material, but especially in the seeds. ...
  20. often said of Chardonnay-based wines that have undergone a malolactic conversion/fermentation.
  21. Made from pasteurized cream mechanically churned to separate the fat granules from the liquid buttermilk. Required to contain a minimum of 80% milk fat; the other 20% is water mixed with milk solids. Salt and colouring may be added.
  22. A solid fat made from churning the fat from milk or cream until it solidifies. It is a water-in-oil emulsion, comprised of over 80% milkfat, but also containing water in the form of tiny droplets, perhaps some milk solids-not-fat, with or without salt (sweet butter); the texture is a result of ...
  23. slang* expression for beer. Ancient origins in a Frat Party Drinking game called Butter. Not much of a difference between the look of a pint of melted butter and a Coor's Light (not much of a difference in taste either).
  24. sold in United States markets is typically salted.
  25. Smoothing relationships and spirituality